Step by Step
- Make a hole in the flour and add the rest of the ingredients plus the melted butter.
- Shape the pastry into a ball, use more flour if necessary.
- Make 10 small balls approximately, depending on the cake size. Cover with a cloth and let it rest for 20 minutes. Stretch each ball, poke them and place them on a buttered tray.
- Cook in hot oven (200 C) for 5 to 10 minutes till golden brown.
The Italian Meringue
- Place the sugar in a little saucepan, cover with water and make a syrup at 123 C. Pour in the egg whites. Beat till the mixture is cold. Set aside.
- Spread dulce de leche on the pastry discs/medals (1 kg of dulce de leche is used approximately).
- Put each medal on top of the other.
- Finish with the Italian Meringue.